Here's my application *twiddles thumbs and waits patiently* :)
1) Your name and age: Jenn, 21
2) What house do you belong in and why: I belong in Slytherin, without a doubt. I know what I want and how to get it ;) and if I want it badly enough will do anything to achieve my goals. Whoo :) Not to say that I don't posses any qualities from the other houses. I'm quite studious, and I would do anything to protect those I love, but the Slytherin shines through ;)
3) Who is your favorite young character and why: That's quite hard because I enjoy so many of them, but having to decide I'll have to go with Draco Malfoy because I can see a lot of the nature vs. nurture argument occuring with him. (sorry, I am a Sociology major, you'll have to excuse my geekiness!) And what I mean with that is he clearly has been raised in a strict environment where certain things are expected of him and those things shaped the snarky little git that is Draco. Given different circumstances of childhood, could he be a different person? I find it fascinating :)
4) Who is your favorite adult character and why: Severus Snape. There's a whole mystery behind him that is utterly intriguing. Why did he go bad? Why did he turn good? Is he really good after all? Who is he really spying for? Why can't he let go what James did to him so many years ago? Add that to the fact that he is a snarky bastard and you have a very complex and interesting character ;)
5) What is your favorite HP class and why: My favorite HP class is Transfiguration. All of the spells and such to turn one object into another is excellent. And then the potential of becoming an Animagus...yay! :) Yes, this wasn't the most thought out answer...but there isn't a lot to explain why I have love for Transfiguration :D
6) What relationship intrigues you the most among the HP characters and why: Dumbledore/Snape definately. They have an odd sort of relationship and I always wonder what made Snape turn to Dumbledore and the side of "good", is he actually has turned ;) And then also Sirius/Remus *ducks objects being thrown* yeah yeah :) But there really is some canon evidence that seems suspicious of them being...more than friends? Or it's just my slashy heart trying to make something of nothing :P
7) How do you refer to the Dark Lord and why: Well that depends entirely on who I am speaking to. Mostly I say Voldemort because that's what he calls himself and I am a firm believer of not calling someone a name that is not their own. *this stems from my hate of being called 'Jenny' lol. If I'm in a playful mood I'll call him MoldyVoldy ;) Or MoldyShorts or something along those lines. :P
8) Which DADA teacher was the best, and why: Moody! Well, even though he wasn't really Moody he was an excellent DADA teacher. Barty Crouch taught them what the worst was and how it looked and how to defend against it. There isn't much better training for an upcoming war than that. I'm still a bit suspicious as to why he did that though....if working for Voldemort I can't see why he would want them to have that information. He taught Harry to ward off the Imperius...very odd. It's also fun to startle people by walking up behind them and shouting "CONSTANT VIGILANCE" :D
9) Which of the characters we already know would make the best new DADA teacher:This is definately a difficult question because with the impending 'war' and all there is the possibility that no one could be spared to teach the class and perhaps one of the already existing teachers would take the spot as well....but of the other adult type people I would say Tonks would be a good DADA teacher. She passed the Auror training and she seems to relate well to the kids. I could even see Lupin coming back even though he is a werewolf and it is now well known. With the news of Voldemort being back the parents might be more lenient as long as they know their children are being taught well, and then again, perhaps not.
10) Which scene from each book was your favorite and why:
SS The moment Hagrid tells Harry he is a Wizard. How can you not like that? This poor kid has been treated like an unwelcome fungus his entire life and on his 11th birthday a giant hairy man shows up to whisk him off to a world where he has power?!
CoSThe Dueling scene when Harry speaks Parseltongue without knowing it and freaks out the entire school. He finds out that he can speak a snake language that is rare even in the wizarding world. The possible links to Slytherin and Voldemort make him uneasy and well, I like it when people squirm :P We see a bit more about Harry and his discomfort with himself. He's always so unsure that he belongs and this is another example of a time when he questions himself.
PoAI love so many scenes in this book, but I have to say the Shrieking Shack because that is where we learn the truth. Harry finds out that Sirius Black did not betray his parents after all and that he has a godfather who wants him. Kids need to feel wanted by someone. We also learn all about evil little Pettigrew and EWW, he's been sleeping in Ron's bed! Poor Ron *shudders* just thinking about that icky man sleeping in your bed is enough to make you want to poke out your eyes with a spork. Lupin's realiztion of the truth is well done. He had to live for so long thinking his friend had done something awful and now he finally gets to know the truth.
GoFAt the Quidditch World Cup when the Dark Mark is shot into the air. We see the panic the mark causes without a complete sense yet of what it means. There's also an introduction into the maddness of the Ministry. Officials were quick to think that 14 year old wizards would know how to cast the spell and even more riduculous that Harry or Hermione did it. The Boy-Who-Lived and a Muggle Born casting the sign of the Dark Lord? LOL :)
OoTPSo so many good scenes in this one but for the time being I will go with Career Advice. I love seeing this side of McGonagall! Now, no one likes Umbridge and Minerva is no exception to that but seeing her outright insult her as a DADA teacher is priceless. And standing up for Harry *sniffle* :) I hope she meant what she said and that if he truly wants to be an Auror, she will help him achieve his goal. He is under so much pressure from the world that keeping on track with school will prove to be more and more difficult as time progresses.
11) Make a prophecy about Book 6 or 7: Right, I think Neville is going to come into himself. We already know why he is in Gryffindor from the scenes in the DoM in OoTP! However, I think most of the problems that he has have been caused by his gran and his wand. She tells him he's not as good as his dad was and seems to always be down on him. Well, there's a sulf-fufilling prophecy right there, if you believe something, it will become true. If he thinks she is right and he isn't any good, then he won't be any good. However, now that he has proven himself in the DoM I hope she will begin to see the good in him. Also, his wand broke. YAY! I think his wand may have hindered his magical abilities because it was his dads. The wand chooses the wizard neh? Well Neville never had the chance to have a wand choose him, his gran stuck him with one. Now that his dads wand is broken he can get his own! I think this combination of events will work out well for Neville :)