1) Your name and age:
Kelly, Age 262) What house do you belong in and why:
I'd have to say Gryffindor because even as a child I always showed courage and was curious to learn new things. I'm one of those strange people that if I hear a noise I have to check it out instead of hiding. 3) Who is your favorite young character and why:
I like Ginny Weasley the best even though she's not a main character. Since she's not only the youngest child in her family but also the only girl I have a feeling that she's capable of a lot more than her brothers give her credit for and we're going to see a lot more of her in the last two books.4) Who is your favorite adult character and why:
There are so many great characters to choose from but my absolute favorite would have to be Prof. Severus Snape. I like the fact that you never know what his motives truly are and he has a dark and mysterious persona.5) What is your favorite HP class and why:
I like Transfiguration because the thought of changing one thing into another fascinates me. Plus Professor McGonagall seems to be the most consistent in her teaching in all of Hogwarts. 6) What relationship intrigues you the most among the HP characters and why:
The one that intrigues me the most is the relationship between Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape. Thinking back 15 years ago I'd love to see what their relationship was like back then considering Dumbledore hired him as a teacher at Hogwarts almost immediately after he left the Death Eaters. What was their relationship like that Dumbledore trusted him that much and what was their relationship like during Snape's time as a Death Eater?7) How do you refer to the Dark Lord and why:
I've always called him Voldemort since Dumbledore made the statement about not fearing his name. It somehow made perfect sense to me.8) Which DADA teacher was the best, and why:
Professor Lupin seemed the best to me because he was the only teacher that taught the children things that they need to know to defend themselves from the Dark Arts. A perfect example of this would be him teaching them about the boggart and two years later there was one in the Black house. I also liked the way he encouraged the "slower" students like Neville until he was able to defeat it.9) Which of the characters we already know would make the best new DADA teacher:
I don't know how many people would agree with me on this one but my first thought was Professor McGonagall because just from her words and actions she definitely knows how to deal with the Dark Arts and it would be much easier to find a new Transfiguration teacher than a DADA teacher. (Of course my first choice will forever be to have Lupin come back even though that's not a possibility.)10) Which scene from each book was your favorite and why:Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone
- I liked the scene with Harry, Ron, and Hermione fighting the troll in the girls bathroom. It was such an important scene because that's when the three of them really became friends. I don't think that the scene was given justice in the movieChamber of Secrets
- Again, a scene that I thought wasn't done properly in the movie was where Snape and Lockhart were dueling. Prisoner of Azkaben
- I liked the scenes with Lupin teaching Harry how to get rid of the Dementor Boggart. It was a shame (IMO) that it took three books for Harry to get his first "real" lessons in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Considering everybody knew who he was and how he got rid of Voldemort it seemed like the professors at the school should have real applied him when it came to DADA. (And I stand by that even more after book 5 and the prophecy.)Goblet of Fire
- It may sound strange but in GoF I liked the scenes where it went into detail about Tom/Voldemort's childhood and his life at the Riddle House. It was interesting to see the background information on him and exactly what happened to him to turn him towards the dark arts.Order of the Phoenix
- My favorite scenes would have to be when Harry was teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts classes in the Room of Requirements. I liked the scene because it was one of the first times that Harry's had full confidence in himself and it was great to see the students take matters into their own hands and want to learn.11) Make a prophecy about Book 6 or 7:
I don't know if all of these would be considered prophecies but these are some of the things that I've thought of:
1) Neville will play a more important role and really come into his own as a wizard.
2) Ginny will play a more important role too and step out of the spotlight in front of her brothers.
3) I have a feeling the Dumbledore will end up dying or be killed by Voldemort.
4) The prophecy says that either Harry or Voldemort will die but I think both of them will end up dead.